March 7, 2007

8. Satire: Thanks for your birthday wishes

hi
Thank you very much for your birthday wishes (If you didnt wish me you better do it damn quick) I thank orkut most of all for making it so easy to remember birthdays (nd curse it for taking away the charming surprise one feels when he is wished by someone when he least expected it. Earlier people used to be happy when I called to wish them as a surprise.After orkut came on the scene, I think it would be such a chaotic nuisance and I prefer to silently wish them in my heart .forgive my impractical romanticisms though)
So rather than give every one of those 129 scraps a richly well deserved and unique individual reply, I embrace the shelter of the superbly convenient yet aesthetically distasteful technological wonder of a bulk message.
I will try to paliate any slight felt by a few( nowadays an endangered species) sensitive tasteful souls ,by providing an efficient and omnipotent FAQ(the answer of technology for all your troubles in life)

WHat am I doing?(For those who know my birthday but not what I do???? Interesting question.)
I am working for HSBC analytics, Kolkata(For the uninitiated that is a city in INDIA known for strikes, rosagullas and batatas) in the Marketing team and I am loving my job.

Where am I ?
Genuine question...Since those who know more about me than just my birthday are aware of my tendencies to disappear without a trace . Not even Sherlock would find me when I do that.
I was in Bangalore when the bell struck twelve watching Eklavya .. ( The movie was a nail biter and a thumb cutter) The next day I disappeared to HYD... Sorry to people in both cities for not letting u people know ... But we Pisceans love our air of mystery so forgive my fickle ways.

Why didnt I lift the phone?
Good question(When you dont know an answer to a question say this.. it works wonders)I was snoring away to glory with the phone on silent mode? What do you sincerely expect from a newly born? Why would you ever disturb a beautiful baby sleeping with a satisfied smile on its serene face?
Love hearing from ya..

No comments: