December 9, 2008

Writing for the heck of it

They say marriage is bliss.
I am not entirely sure who the 'they' refers to and am quite uncertain if there is really a they. Somehow I have heard a frequent phrase of 'marital bliss' so I assume there existed some wise men ( or women - for the painfully irrational feminist who could be hurt by my reference to men as if only men could be wise... ) who ordained one fine day that marriage is bliss.
What the etymology of the phrase, I am inclined to say there is a ring of truth in it. I have heard many people say that people change after marriage and I was 200 percent sure I wouldnt. Now I realize that marriage does change you. There is a new world that you begin to live in, a new person- a new life. If things go right, that world seems so complete and self sufficient.Frankly it is a very comfortable feeling , something that my limited sense of words is unable to describe but anyone who has been there would know. Something of a cocoon that you wrap into where the rest of the world doesnt matter. Life is comfortable, life is happy and life is fun and all my time is filled without taking up much effort, or burning any calories or 20 phone calls to 19 people .


Marriage seems to be a 'lazy' bliss. In spite of my restless nature it is a fun phase to be in. However I realized suddenly how much of a sloth I have become and I really see no reason to wake from that slumber. I havent written anything for a long time, the guitar and keyboard are gathering dust and I have been too lazy to call up any friends. So before I start gathering cobwebs in my brain, I decided to write this for the heck of it.
Now back to utter laziness of my existence...

No comments: