January 13, 2008

7 Choiceless Awareness

Some of the profile status in gtalks are pretty imaginative, some are stylish, some humorous. Something caught my eyes - Choiceless awareness. I did not what that was. I googled it up and found some material on it. It simply means living in the present and experiencing it rather than going through life mechanically.
It is a form of meditation in which you consciously everything that you are doing and the world around you.
While this may seem like a simple task it is definitely not. At least I found it next to impossible for my mind forever dwelves in the past or dreams of the future. The kind of constant self awareness demanded by this is daunting yet quite refreshing. I guess most sportsmen possess this and so do most musicians- An ability to get lost in the present.
As such you are expected to be an observor of your oneself and the world around you.


If you are interested in knowing more try the link below:

http://www.meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/here_and_now_Meditation.htm

No comments: